Feed your Passion for Plein Air!
Join award winning Plein Air Artist, Debra Howard for a 3 day Intensive Workshop as we paint in and around Northport. Cityscape, landscape, morning, late afternoon and a nocturne!
The best way to improve your plein air work is to paint. Paint and paint and paint and then paint some more. This work-shop will teach you:
• to handle different lighting situations; morning, afternoon, dusk and night
• to pick interesting subject matter, design, tone and value for drama and interest.
• to edit. What should you include and what should you leave out?
• color mixing
• plein air painting techniques
• about different mediums and when you should use them
• time management & insider tips
• about efficient equipment
This class will be taught in oils, but you are welcome to use acrylics, watercolor or pastels
July 17 - Tuesday 9:30am - 5pm
9:30am -12. Introduction, what is a good plein air painting? Coffee, PowerPoint and discussion. Review supplies and equipment.
12:45 - 4:45 Painting in Northport
July 18 - Wednesday 2pm - Until
2pm - Meet at Northport Art Association - discussion, Q & A.
Late Afternoon Painting, break for dinner at local restaurant, then on to a nocturne.
July 19 - Thursday 8am - 5pm
9am - Critic your nocturne or touch up your work. Then off to a landscape location to be determined. Bring a light lunch. Paint until 3pm, then back to the NAA for final critic and Q & A.
Students need to bring enough supports for 5 or 6 paintings. Outdoor easel, painting supplies. Contact me about what supplies you need, if unsure. But basically bring what you use for plein air. Strong shoes, boots, umbrella, wide hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, water, snacks.