3 day class with Edee Joppich
Monday, Sept 17, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Tuesday, Sept 18, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Sept 19, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
In this stimulating and fun workshop, students will compose two or three collage paintings and complete each with a simple line drawing done with a twig dipped in india ink. The subject of each drawing over the collage can be birds, flowers, a barn, an animal, a person, a boat etc. No drawing experience? Edee will help you.
Beginners are welcome. Artists with Collage experience will find this a challenging idea to explore. Edee's step by step demonstration of her methods and techniques will be valuable for everyone.
- Watercolor supplies (paints, brushes, etc.)
- 1 sheet 140# or 300# birght white water color paper (Arches)
- Black india ink
- Selection of 3 or 4 thin to medium twigs
- Pencil, eraser and stick of soft round charcoal
- Elmers glue - with jar to pour it in to (do not dilute)
- Brush for gluing - approximately 1"-2" flat or round
- Newspaper or paper towels
- Cutting tool
- Misc. collage material such as maps, dress patterns, old newspapers, tissue papers, rice paper (light weight, light colors), cut outs from magazines, etc.
*Edee will share her collection of rice papers of all kinds and an assortment of collage materials from her studio.
If questions in regards to supplies call Edee
248-661-1020 or 231-386-7428