Create your own Beach Stone Ring or Pendant with Janet Ryan
November 15, 9am-5pm
STUDENTS to BRING:
- Drawing paper & sharp pencil
- Fine tip black sharpie
- Beach stone - a 1” to 1½” round or oval beach stone that is somewhat flat on the bottom (or a cabochon)
- Any glasses needed for close work
- Any jewelers pliers you have (jewelers pliers are smooth on the inside)
- Apron if available
- Please wear older clothes was much of this work is messy and some involves acid
Use of all tools needed to make a beach stone ring. An instruction handout covering the construction process, definitions and key tips and information. All workshop supplies needed for this project. This includes fine silver bezel wire, flat sterling silver to back the stone, an adjustable sterling ring mounting (sizes 6 1/2-9), solder, pickle, flux and polishing materials. For rings, a fabricated adjustable ring band will be used.
A material fee ($10-$20) to cover the silver used by each student is payable to the instructor
NOTE: As of 10/13/19 there are non-member spots available.
Please sign up as a member and we will collect the difference at the class