Create a sterling silver pendant with a Lake Michigan beach stone. Students will learn basic skills in design, bezel making, soldering and stone setting.
STUDENTS to BRING:
- Drawing paper & sharp pencil
- Fine tip black sharpie
- Beach stone - a 1” to 2” round or oval beach stone that is somewhat flat on the bottom (or a cabochon)
- Any glasses/magnification needed for close work
- Any jewelers pliers you have (jewelers pliers are smooth on the inside)
- Apron if available
- Please wear older clothes was much of this work is messy and some involves acid
- A sterling chain if you have one you like for your new pendant (or you may be able to purchase one from Janet)
SUPPLIES PROVIDED: Use of all tools needed to make a beach stone pendant. An instruction handout covering the construction process, definitions and key tips and information. All workshop supplies needed for this project. This includes fine silver bezel wire, flat sterling silver to back the stone, a sterling bail, solder, pickle, flux and polishing materials.
Materials fee of $15-$25 to be paid to instructor to cover the cost of silver used in your project.