Beach Stone Ring with Janet Ryan
2 Day Class
February 26 & 27, 9am-1pm
$75 members $90 non members
STUDENTS to BRING:
- Drawing paper & sharp pencil
- Fine tip black sharpie
- Beach stone - a 1” to 1½” round or oval beach stone that is somewhat flat on the bottom
- Any glasses needed for close work
- Any jewelers pliers you have (jewelers pliers are smooth on the inside)
- Apron if available
- Please wear older clothes as much of this work is messy and some involves acid
Use of all tools needed to make a beach stone ring. An instruction handout covering the construction process, definitions and key tips and information. All workshop supplies needed for this project. This includes fine silver bezel wire, flat sterling silver to back the stone, an adjustable sterling ring mounting (sizes 6 1/2-9), solder, pickle, flux and polishing materials.
A material fee ($15-$25) to cover the cost of silver used by each student is payable to the instructor.