with Kerry Bowles
Cost: $60.00 for NAA member; $72.00 for Non-member
(plus $10 material fee paid directly to the instructor the day of the class)
Create an approximately 6” x 8” basket using clothesline cord wrapped with cotton fabric strips.
Techniques to be demonstrated and/or explored.
• Inserted yarn/cord detail
• Various applique techniques
• Rolled top finish
• Shaping baskets through tension and manipulation of cord
• Various embellishments and unique detailing
Students need to bring:
• zigzag capable sewing machine in good working order (remember power cords, foot control etc.)
• selection of cotton threads including variegated colors
• machine bobbins
• sewing machine needles size 14 or 16, universal or top stitch
• standard sewing supplies (pins, needles, scissors etc.)
Materials fee will cover clothesline for core, cotton fabric strips and various embellishment choices.